Skip to content
- Staying away from school without prior leave permission is not tolerated except when the cause is sudden illness or unforeseen circumstances. No leave of absence is sanctioned nor is a pupil allowed to go away from school during the school hours without prior written application for leave from the parent/guardian. Such reasons as birthday, excursions, festivals, urgent business, study time for examination etc. are not considered sufficient for absence from school. Whenever leave has been sanctioned, the fact will be recorded in the Regularity Record.
- After an absence from class, pupils must bring the reason for their absence duly entered in the Regularity Record. Application for leave on medical ground should be supported by authentic medical certificates.
- Pupils must rejoin the classes after the holidays on the re-opening day. The absentees on the first day will be fined Rs. 100/- and Rs. 50/- on the subsequent days (even with prior information or permission). If anyone is found absent for five consecutive days without prior information, his/her name will be removed from the register.
- All students should report to school on the last working day before any vacation (could be Summer Vacation, Autumn Vacation, Winter Vacation or Spring Vacation). A fine of Rs 100 will be penalized from the absentees.
- A Pupil who has been absent for 15 days without due authorization from the Principal will have the name struck off the rolls and may not be re-admitted.
- Pupils whose unauthorized absences are above 10 % of the working days of the school may not be allowed to present themselves for the final examination. Pupils who do not have at least 75% attendance may not be allowed to appear in the Term / Half Yearly / Final Examinations.
- Parents are requested to affix their specimen signatures in the space indicated in the handbook. No other signatures will be accepted on the Regularity Record duly countersigned by the Principal.